Get the most out of 17 hours of sunlight
Hopefully the summer solstice hasn't caught you unawares, as this is the day with the most amount of daylight hours! Here's our guide to making the most of that time.
- Always get a good nights sleep
- Get up early and start the day with a cold drink to keep you hydrated and wake up your metabolism
- Eat a breakfast of something high in protein like porridge, kippers or scrambled eggs.
- If you enjoy a hot drink in the morning (at AFP we're divided over tea or coffee...), take the time to enjoy it, perhaps whilst checking your emails or catching up on the daily news.
- Block out some time in the morning, before any of your other responsibilities kick in, to respond to emails and messages. Try to keep strict with yourself and not to dip in and out of emails, dealing with them in one block of time is a much more efficient way of managing your time.
- Work emergencies very rarely happen at 6am in the morning, so free up your time later in the day when emergencies are more likely to occur by focusing on important things like exercise/spending time with young children earlier in the day.
- Do at least one thing each day that you really love.
- Be present in the moment with family, friends and colleagues: just like your email box, block out time for the people in your life and don't let technological distractions get in your way.
- Get ready for the next day, before going to bed spend 10 minutes preparing for the next morning.